These pretty Johnson Brothers trios come in pattern JB174 - the rims have a tan band decorated with pink roses and blue and green leaves - gilding to bands, rims and handles.
Johnson Brothers were based in Hanley, Staffordshire potteries and began production in 1883. The brothers were Alfred, Frederick, Henry and Robert (based in New York) and were four grandsons of the master potter, Alfred Meakin. The firm joined the Wedgwood group in 1968 and finally closed UK production in 2003.
Cup x 4 - 2.25 inches | 55mm high
Saucer x 4 - 5.75 inches | 145mm
Plate x 4 - 7 inches | 180mm
There are some stacking marks which are part of the firing process and do not detract form the elegance of these pieces.
An extra cup as a spare is included at no extra cost.
In excellent vintage condition.
A beautiful addition to any collection of china.
Backstamp used from 1913. Gilder's mark.
Matching items are listed separately.
All our items are pre-owned and vintage and may therefore show signs of use and age and will not be dishwasher proof.