Three sweet bowls produced by the famous Grindley Pottery, Tunstall, Staffordshire, decorated with leaves and flowers in hues of red, green, brown and purple. The rim is painted a light blue/green.
Ideal to serve olives, nuts, chocolates, sugar cubes etc.
WH Grindley and Company was founded at the Newfield Pottery in 1880 by William Harry Grindley (principal partner) and Mr Turner. They produced earthenware and ironstone china predominantly for overseas markets. After several owners and name changes including Woodlands Pottery and Grindley Hotel Ware Co, the company went into Receivership and in 1960 was acquired by Alfred Clough Ltd.
Some minor staining and one of the bowls has crazing.
Approximate dimensions: 5 inches / 130mm wide x 1.25 inches / 33mm
Three most pretty and useful items.
All our items are pre-owned and vintage and may therefore show signs of use and age and will not be microwave and dishwasher proof.