This fabulously understated gold rimmed, scalloped-edged ivory trio was produced by the famous Grindley Pottery, Tunstall, Staffordshire.
The gently scalloped items carry gilding to rims and handle. Some rubbing to the cup. The pattern name is Wynyard.
WH Grindley and Company was founded at the Newfield Pottery in 1880 by William Harry Grindley (principal partner) and Mr Turner. They produced earthenware and ironstone china predominantly for overseas markets. After several owners and name changes including Woodlands Pottery and Grindley Hotel Ware Co, the company went into Receivership and in 1960 was acquired by Alfred Clough Ltd.
Cup - 2.25 inches | 58mm high
Saucer - 5.75 inches | 145mm
Plate - 6.825 inches | 175mm
These items from the Art Deco period carry the backstamp dating them to between 1936 and 1954.
Gilder's and Maker's mark.
All our items are pre-owned and vintage and may therefore show signs of use and age and will not be dishwasher proof.